centent cn0165 probleempje

Moderator: Moderators

Plaats reactie
clements
Contacteer:

centent cn0165 probleempje

Bericht door clements »

hoi,
Ik heb een beetje een probleem met een driver die ik gekocht heb via Ebay.
Ik heb voor mijn x-as een stappenmotor van Stebon de SDT853-150-100. Dit is een hybride 2 fase motor met een max stroom van 10 a per fase.
De driver die ik heb gekocht is de centent cn0165
Deze zou tot 10 ampere per spoel kunnen aansturen, de stroom is instelbaar via weerstanden.
De voeding die ik gebruik is een 50V - 30 amp geschakelde voeding

Als ik de driver instel op een waarde van +6 A per fase dan springt de drive al bij de eerste stap in fault mode. Bij lagere stromen werkt de motor wel gewoon.

Volgens de manual:
The Fault Output latches low and the LED stays on for either of the following fault
conditions:
• A short circuit of the motor windings (or motor lead wiring)
• Overheating: temperature of CN0165 exceeds 70°
Overheating lijkt me niet aan de orde, en ik meet ook geen kortsluiting met de multimeter.
Ik heb ook een andere stappenmotor aangesloten en hier treed hetzelfde probleem op.

Mijn vraag is wat zou dit kunnen zijn? Ik had het probleem gemeld bij de verkoper en deze heeft mij al (gratis) een vervangend exemplaar gestuurd.
Heb ik gewoon 2x pech of zie ik iets over het hoofd?
ASS-U-ME
clements
Contacteer:

Re: centent cn0165 probleempje

Bericht door clements »

niemand een idee?
ASS-U-ME
cocodile
Contacteer:

Bericht door cocodile »

Geen idee, heb geen ervaring met deze drives, en zo te zien anderen ook niet, je zou mogen verwachten dat ze doen wat de specs voorschrijven.

Heb je de fabrikant al gecontacteerd? Naar wat ik begrijp heb je ze 2e hands, dus wellicht heb je de ellende van een ander gekocht.

Heb je trouwens ook een andere voeding geprobeerd? Fouten zoeken is een kwestie van eliminatie.

Enfin, heb ff voor je gegoogled :mrgreen: en dit heb ik gevonden, mss. heb je er iets aan.

Figured I'd ask here and see if anyone has input.. We're using Stepper motors (Probably should be servos with encoder feedback, but not my call..) to drive turntables for product testing. Basically spinning a group of 16 targets at a set rate to test cameras. We need to have exact triggers and exact speeds, hence the steppers. Anyway, with the new high speed cameras we need to go faster. The current turn tables top out at 675 RPM or so, (180 frames / second) using IM483 drivers on Pacific Scientific motors. I use the same drivers on my Taig CNC machine, so I knew they'd go faster.

Well, I hooked up one of my spare (black Xylotex 269oz) steppers to my spare IM483 driver, and popped the platter on top. (11" diameter plexiglass circle, about .25" thick) 1200 RPM seemed to be no problem for it, which is all we *really* need to do, but being how I am I wanted to find the max speed. I got the thing up to 3,000RPM several times, then the driver chips on the IM483 exploded. Turns out accelerating (slowly, using mach2) is no problem and it'll sit at 3,000RPM no problems. But on deceleration, the motor turns into a generator and I was seeing 90+V at the power supply! (48v supply) So basically I was dumping 90+V through the IM483 driver chips, and it didn't like it. (rated at 48v, surprised it lasted as long as it did!)

What I think I'd need is either A) a brake on the stepper that stops it quickly (which would likely loosen the nut on the platter eventually) or B) a way to disconnect the motor from the driver immediately instead of spinning it down. I was thinking of 4 heavy relays in line with the phase signals going to the motor, that would open up when you want the motor to stop. But what would that do to the driver? It would be like unplugging the motor at high speed, which is supposed to be a definite No-No..

After I blew the IM483 I tried some Centent CN0165 drivers (basically old Gecko's from what I hear) and they dumped the full 90+v back into the power supply instead of soaking up most of it like the IM483's, so the power supply went into over-voltage and shut down. (which is when I realized why the IM483 exploded..) So..... Anyone ever do anything similar, where you need to slow down a 3,000RPM (well 1,500 RPM really..) stepper spinning something heavy?? Or am I just nuts...?

They are designing newer "high-speed" tables with new drivers and motors (over $500 for the driver boxes alone!), but I have a feeling they'll run into the same problem, especially since the platters are going to get thicker too.. Maybe using the relay trick, but instead of disconnecting the motor, using them to drop a low-ohm resistor or Zener across the coils instead to soak up the excess? Maybe try the 50ohm heat-sunk resistors I have lying around... What's the worst that could happen, I blow up a couple more IM483's? LOL
clements
Contacteer:

Bericht door clements »

ik zal kijken of ik nog een voeding kan regelen, het gekke alleen is dat de error al bij de eerste stap erin schiet. 1 tikje en het is over.
ASS-U-ME
Plaats reactie